Prev: Re: FSE misnomer (what you call where you live) Next: Re: FSE misnomer (what you call where you live)

Re: [SG] in seach of 15mm

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 09:42:52 +0100
Subject: Re: [SG] in seach of 15mm

<tony.francis@kuju.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Laserburn was the name of Tabletop Games' rules and figure range. The
>>figures &
>>models are now owned by Tabletop Miniatures (a new company of no
relation
>>to TTG)
>>who I believe are somewhere in darkest Wales.
>
>I have "Imperial Commander" which is related to Laserburn. It came out
in the
>early 80s. One of the people involved in it is Bryan Ansell, of
Warhammer
>40,000 fame. You can definitely see some shadows of WH40K in this game.
It's
>not a bad looking rules set, if pretty basic by today's standards.

IC was the "mass(ish) combat" version of Laserburn, LB being a skirmish
system. IIRC, IC could handle at least a company or two per side. Round
about the same time, Citadel (this was in pre-GW merger days, remember)
produced "Spacefarers", another skirmish game, to go with their figures
of
the same name, which had a lot of similarities to the laserburn stuff
(unsurprisingly given the involvement of Mr. Ansell with both
companies).

Jon (GZG)