Prev: Re: Galactica Next: Re: AFV Recognition

Re: CanAm Questions

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 12:33:41 -0400
Subject: Re: CanAm Questions

Indy Kochte commented:
> > > CanAm Questions:
> > >
> > > Fleets of 6000 points. This is per side (as opposed to per
player)?

> > Yes--that way if we have, say, 6 Americans and 3 Canadians it
doesn't
screw
> > us up too badly (and don't gripe to me about time limits, it gives
you a
> > chance to prove you're brighter than the other side).  6000 was
selected
as
> > an easily-divisible figure.
>
> What if you have 7 players on one side?  ;-)

At that point, per Solomon, we start dividing players instead of fleets.
expect someone will have a sword handy.

> No *FB1* ESU ship has needle beams, but as Jon has said many times in
the
> past, the FB ships are only a guideline, and that many other types of
> ships exist for each power (so no reason the ESU couldn't have needle
> ships - or SM ships, or p-torp ships, or...etc  :-)

To the best of my knowledge, all the restrictions I placed, except
needle
beams, conform to FB1 examples.  Sure, you could go with a PTorp Jerez,
but
I wanted to keep the flavor.

> >From my experience setting a time limit of 5 minutes to write orders
is
> about right (though I've almost never had to enforce it). And you'll
get
> more than 4 turns in 2 hours. At first things will go quickly, but as
soon
> as the fighting starts, things slow down while the die are rolled.
Once a
> few [dozen] ships are reduced to zero combat effectiveness things go
> quickly again.

Potential players could send me mailto:laserlight@quixnet.net
proposed squadron designs at 1500 points per player, for playtest
purposes.

Prev: Re: Galactica Next: Re: AFV Recognition