Prev: Re: New site? Next: Re: New site?

Re: Help for Oerjan

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@y...>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 10:37:31 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Help for Oerjan

--- Brian Burger <yh728@victoria.tc.ca> wrote:

> At this point, all the Canadians are grinning, and
> everyone else is
> wondering what the heck is going on...
XXX
     Your right, I didn't get ALL of the comments.
Perhaps because I dislike stereotypes and treat
people as persons first, it was enjoyable.
XXX

> Now, I'm not sure I should post this next bit, but
> it is kind of funny...
XXX
     You should have trusted your feelings.
It is funny only if one believes stereotypes,
and it also hits some 'hot buttons' that
would have been better left alone.
XXX

> it's not true of anyone on this list, but here's one
> Canadian's (not
> mine!) take on Americans, in a parody of the 'I am
> Canadian' rant above...
> more playing on national stereotypes.
>
> ******
> I AM AMERICAN
>
> Waazzzzzzzzzuuuuuuuupppp...
>
> I'm not particularly intelligent,
XXX
    It's the blood line!
XXX

open-minded,
XXX
This was once the classic 'liberal' position.
Now it is the property of the communist/fascist/
statist left. (Well, that's what the left claims.)
XXX

> or well-liked.
XXX
    Thats because some people keep calling
this place 'the colonies', so it must have been
us in charge during the 'colonial era' in the
far flung corners of the world.
(And before you get started, I wish we could get
out of many of the places we do not belong in.)
XXX

> And I don't live in a safe place,
XXX
     Not only do I live in a safe place, but
I can protect myself and my family if needed.
Have you checked the crime stats in the UK and
OZ lately?
XXX

> eat a balanced
> diet, or drive very well.
XXX
   Agreed.
XXX

> I don't know Shakespeare, Da Vinci or Gutenberg,
> Although I'm pretty sure they weren't American.
XXX
     It's true.   I only know of thier works,
they have been dead for quite some time, you know.
XXX

> I drink piss, not beer,
XXX
     On the rare occasions I have a beer,
I drink Moosehead.
XXX

> I am outspoken, not opinionated,
XXX
     Outspoken without thought is equal to
opinions based on 'feelings'.
XXX

> Guns settle disputes, not discussions.
XXX
     Drug dealers have disputes over 'turf'.
People have discussions.
XXX

> Winning isn't everything, it's the ONLY thing,
XXX
     Anyone who has been a soldier will agree
with this statement.
XXX

> And it's pronounced RUFF, not ROOF.
>
> I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack,
> unless I go somewhere.
XXX
     This only proves the rest of the world is
lacking in 'sensitivity' and 'diversity',
something the U.S. has in abundance.
XXX

> Burger King IS fine dining.
XXX
     Yes, much better that about 150+ countries
in the world.
XXX

> Washing after peeing is for LOSERS,
> Twinkies and Moon Pies ARE GOOD for breakfast,
> I have a SHED, NOT a GARAGE,
XXX
     The deep South?
XXX

> and WWF ACTION IS REAL!!
XXX
     Even the WWF admits and uses the word
'entertainment'.   So it is real entertainment.
XXX

> The UNITED STATES OF AMERICA is the ONLY country in
> the world,
XXX
     In which 'the People' are more important
than government officials, and have the power.
XXX

> The FIRST nation of IGNORANCE,
XXX
     You may have a point here, look at what
got elected to a second term.
XXX

> And the BEST part of SOUTH AMERICA!!
>
> My name is Bubba Ray Billy-Bob Jethero Cletus...
XXX
     Only in DC, and certain parts of Arkansas.
XXX

> AND I AM AMERICAN!!!!!!!!
XXX
     You left out the 'capitalist, imperialist,
running pig dog'....and PROUD of it!
> ******
>
> Warned you, didn't I?
XXX
     Don't take any of the reply comments personally.
Pressing 'hot' buttons always generated a reply in
kind.
XXX

> Should I be glad that Canada
> Customs takes a dim
> view of Americans bringing their arsenels into my
> country? :>
XXX
     Since U.S. citizens respect Canadian laws,
you do not and will not have a problem.
By the way, how is the national gun registration
going?	 Last news I had, lots of folks are not
going to obey.	 (Having seen the results from
OZ and the UK.)
XXX

Bye for now,
John L.