Prev: Images of SG15 Powered Armor? Next: Wow... Wrong list?

Re: I. Am. Anglian! (was Re: Help for Oerjan)

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 01:30:34 -0400
Subject: Re: I. Am. Anglian! (was Re: Help for Oerjan)

On Sun, 8 Oct 2000 22:15:01 -0400, "Laserlight" <laserlight@quixnet.net>
wrote:

>I understand Quebec is going to hold yet another referendum next
>month?

Ummm... no. There's no separation referendum next month. There's no
separation
referendum due in the next little while. The Parti Quebecois wants to
wait
until at least after the next provincial election before doing that. We
may
have a federal election called for next month, though.

>Some of the state governments are quite rational, occasionally.

The operative word being "some". There's Louisinana which has the most
interesting (i.e. corrupt) government in the country. There's Kansas
trying to
eliminate teaching evolution in high schools. There's Alabama where
interracial marriage is still illegal, and where it's illegal to sell
sex toys
(oh, sure, you can buy that high powered semi-automatic you had your eye
on,
but don't try to buy a piece of plastic that vibrates).

As I said, you guys can get scary at the State level. *L*

>And there are parts of the Federal Government that work well
>(there have got to be some--there's so much of it, after all).

I'll grant you that. But you guys keep voting in Jesse Helms... *G*
Well, it's
just too bad that our old PC minister John Crosby is retired. He'd have
gotten
along well with Helms... *L*

>Or "English"? I suppose they're called "Anglos",
>short for
>> Anglians.
>
>Earning undying enmity from the Quebecois, and I don't imagine
>the South & Central Americans would much like it either.

I thought Quebec had separated and wasn't part of the NAC? Is Central
and
South America part of the NAC?

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

Prev: Images of SG15 Powered Armor? Next: Wow... Wrong list?