Prev: Re: Asymetric ships Next: Re: Asymetric ships

Re: Heavy Gear figs (was [OFFICIAL...)

From: adrian.johnson@s...
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2000 16:09:36 -0400
Subject: Re: Heavy Gear figs (was [OFFICIAL...)

It's certainly the cost of production.	DP9 had rather poor relations
with
RAFM, hence the large gap in time between "old" prodution and "new"
production - they arranged to set up production in Montreal.  The
production facilities now making the models are good, but the volume
issue
is the main reason the prices are the same as the old scale models.

And for the Gear Kreig fans, rumour has it that the first GK models will
be
available soon - possibly by November.	They're moving up the production
schedule due to the huge response to the release of the Gear Kreig rules
(they sold out the first printing, and are doing another print run).

And their North Africa sourcebook is in the works right now.  The Gear
figures will be designed specifically for 15mm compatibility - that
being
one of the major WWII figure scales.

Another piece of trivia for you - Ken Winland (one of the writers of GK)
was for a long time a member of this list (I don't know if he's out
there
lurking...), and has an enormous Stargrunt Collection (must be up past
20
fully painted platoons by now).  He and Dave Graham (the main Gear Krieg
writer) are both avid Stargrunt players....

>No, that would be the cost of production, or so I've been told by the
man in
>charge himself. While they have the facilities to produce the minis,
they
>don't produce nearly as many as Raffa did, and it's more expensive for
them
>because of their size. I'm not sure if that's true, they may just be
>increasing their profits but one way or the other, the prices are what
they
>are, buying is your choice.
>
>Jade Tseng
>

>> Though it doesn't explain why the new mammoth costs as much as the
old
>> (HUGE) HO scale one did.
>>
>> ---
>> Steve Gill
>> Steve@caws.demon.co.uk
>> http://www.caws.demon.co.uk/

Adrian Johnson
adrian.johnson@sympatico.ca
	AND
acjhumber@yahoo.ca

Prev: Re: Asymetric ships Next: Re: Asymetric ships