Prev: Re: (FT) Vessel Designs on web site Next: Re: [figures] Interesting development

[figures] Interesting development

From: Charles Stanley Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 16:22:35 +0100
Subject: [figures] Interesting development

Not specifically GZG related (except that GZG produces figures), but
have a look at the article on 3D printers in this weeks New Scientist
(either in the printed magazine or on the web site,
www.newscientist.com).

This has interesting implications for the future of miniatures games,
and the companies that produce the miniatures!

Imagine, design your own spaceship on a 3D CAD package, hit the print to
3D icon, wait a bit, and you've got your own custom miniature!

Of course, a lot depends on whether they can get the cost of a 3D
printer and associated media down cheap enough for public consumption -
and I think these machines will always be too slow to compete with
standard figure moulding techniques except for a few special cases (so
I don't think Jon & Co. should worry, yet).

Anyway, take a look, I found it interesting.

Prev: Re: (FT) Vessel Designs on web site Next: Re: [figures] Interesting development