Prev: Re: [FT] Building FT306 Next: Re: Stellar Wars Re: UNSC fleet carrier design

Re: [FT] UNSC design

From: Charles Stanley Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 13:50:19 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] UNSC design

In message <200009231242.OAA03033@d1o901.telia.com> you wrote:

> Charles Stanley Taylor wrote, in reply to Paul Radford:
>
> >Hmm.. question to list - has anyone out there done any playtesting on
> >Wave Guns and Nova Cannon? I know some think they are too >powerful,
> while others think they are too weak!
>
> <Vorlon>
>
> <buzz jingle chime> "Yes"
>
> </Vorlon>

Good answer :-)

> >On the subject of spinal mounts, I've been thinking about extra-heavy
> >versions of the Pulse Torpedo (doing 2d6, 3d6 etc. damage, perhapse
> >longer range brackets)
>
> More damage with the same range bands scales as just over 1:1 - the
big
> weapon gains a bit from higher repairability when it goes down, but
> OTOH it loses a little in flexibility when they start overkilling
badly
> damaged targets. It depends on what you're fighting, really.

Hmmm.. also with the equivalent mass in smaller weapons you have _less_
chance of loosing _all_ of your firepower to a threashold check, but a
_greater_ chance of loosing _some_ firepower - I'm beginning to get a
headache!

[snip KPI]

> Regards,
>
> Oerjan Ohlson
> oerjan.ohlson@telia.com
>
> "Life is like a sewer.
>   What you get out of it, depends on what you put into it."
> - Hen3ry

Charles

Prev: Re: [FT] Building FT306 Next: Re: Stellar Wars Re: UNSC fleet carrier design