Prev: Re: [Minis] AE (NSL) PA (SG) Next: RE: UNSC fleet carrier design

Re: Fw: United States - Espionage

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 21:59:04 -0400
Subject: Re: Fw: United States - Espionage

On Tue, 19 Sep 2000 21:43:30 EDT, Glenn m wilson <triphibious@juno.com>
wrote:

>Not that I bleed for the showing by the CIA...
>
>The problem with open source collection (I know because it's part of my
>job) is
>
>1)separating data on original sites from derivative (and often posted
>without the attached/surrounding details to make sure it is not changed
>in the derivative posting

God, tell me about it. I've been researching stuff for my web site. I
have
been to a number of American Civil War battlefields, and I decided to
post
campaign and battle information along with the pictures. I went looking
for
some data on the web, as it was faster when I didn't have my sourcebooks
near
me. The amount of good information is quite high. The amount of WRONG or
just
mildly inaccurate information is equally high. The web has a lot of
information, but it's hard to know what to trust.

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

Prev: Re: [Minis] AE (NSL) PA (SG) Next: RE: UNSC fleet carrier design