Prev: Re: Technical Pens, Polystyrene & You Next: Gencon UK 2000 Results

Re: Technical Pens, Polystyrene & You

From: Tony Francis <tony.francis@k...>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 09:47:35 +0100
Subject: Re: Technical Pens, Polystyrene & You

KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de wrote:

> Few inks are likely to adhere well to polystyrene. When you have a
pen,
> try it first on a piece of scrap plastic. If it smudges, you may want
> to a) prime the model (with clear, matt varnish) and b) cover it with
> varnish afterwards.

I've used Rotring technical pens for shading 1/300th armour. The trick
is
to buy ink designed for marking overhead projector sheets. This will
adhere
nicely to most *clean* surfaces, I've managed decent coverage on
semi-gloss
models (ie ones where the matt paint hasn't dried properly). So, look
for a
suitable ink and you should be OK.

Tony

Prev: Re: Technical Pens, Polystyrene & You Next: Gencon UK 2000 Results