Prev: Technical Pens, Polystyrene & You Next: Re: Technical Pens, Polystyrene & You

Re: Technical Pens, Polystyrene & You

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: 05 Sep 2000 07:30 GMT
Subject: Re: Technical Pens, Polystyrene & You

> I recently picked up a couple of snap-together 1/144 scale Gundam
> Wing mecha, and while I'm too lazy to paint them, I'm convinced that
> black- lining around the armor panels would add a lot, and tech pens
> seem the easiest method.
>
> I'm looking for recommendations.  What brand should I get if I'm
> looking for an inexpensive, widely-available (in the US) technical
> pen that won't smudge on (unprimed, unpainted) model plastic?

Can't comment on US brands from over here.

Few inks are likely to adhere well to polystyrene. When you have a pen,
try it first on a piece of scrap plastic. If it smudges, you may want
to a) prime the model (with clear, matt varnish) and b) cover it with
varnish afterwards.

If the inks sits halfway well, you may dispense with the priming.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Technical Pens, Polystyrene & You Next: Re: Technical Pens, Polystyrene & You