Prev: Alderson Drive Next: Re: [FT] I've found my second

Re: Alderson Drive

From: Jerry Han <jhan1@h...>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 00:08:35 -0400
Subject: Re: Alderson Drive

NOTE:  SPOILERS FOR GRIPPING HAND AND MOTE IN GOD'S EYE

Hi Chris,

Thanks for doing the extra looking.  I'm not personally looking for it;
somebody came out of the blue and asked if I knew anything about it
(he found references to it in the GZG Archives, surprise, surprise.
(8-) )

Does any of the Pournelle/Niven books given any PSB on how or why
two stars would be connected through an Alderson point?

I remember in Gripping Hand how the nova or collapse (don't quite
remember that detail (8-) ) of a star caused a new point to appear
in the Motie system, for example.  That implies change in gravity,
which implies Mass (which follows your reasoning of Mass
though less of temperature.)  Can somebody who actually has the
books handy take a look and tell me if I'm out to lunch?  (8-)

JGH

--
** Jerry Han - jhan1@home.com - http://www.warpfish.com/jhan **
   "I was feeling part of the scenery, I walked right out of

Prev: Alderson Drive Next: Re: [FT] I've found my second