Prev: Re: DERFACS and UIM Next: Re: [FT] vector point balance

RE: Shuttles and ship's small craft

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 07:29:34 -0400
Subject: RE: Shuttles and ship's small craft

I always assumed that ships had interface shuttles (I thought that I
read
this somewhere, but was unable to find it), but that the shuttles could
not
have a mass greater than 0.75 mass (so that the hanger and craft
together
was 1 mass) and thus could carry only about 0.10 mass. This is enough
for
courier exchanges and small trips to a planet, but not enough to carry a
meaningful part of a crew in one trip.

As for merchant ships, ITTT specializes in contracts with start-up
colonies
that do not have the resources or manpower to build, man or maintain a
Transit Station. See http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/ft/ft25/gov.html
 - Husky Hvy Freighter
 - Lodestone Freighter
 - Workhorse Medium Freighter
Otherwise to serve these communities, the freighter would need to be
Fully
Streamlined (much more expensive). See
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/ft/ft25/gov.html
 - PackRat Lt Freighter