Prev: Re: [SG2] [FMA] Commo Chits Next: Re: [SG2] [FMA] Commo Chits

Re: EW Activation

From: agoodall@c...
Date: 31 Aug 2000 13:19:29 -0700
Subject: Re: EW Activation

On Thu, 31 August 2000, Kevin Balentine wrote:

> We looked in the rules for a reason why an EW unit
> would ever want to be "inactive" and couldn't come up
> with one.

Me too, which is one reason I thought it required an action to activate
EW. I can see a house rule, though, where by turning on EW puts a hidden
EW unit on the board. Or, failing that, I can see scenario rules that
don't allow EW to be active in an ambush setting.

> Also, do you play that ECM must be made "active" each
> turn? Or, do you play that, once activated, it's on
> until it's turned off?

That IS specifically stated in the rules, on page 52. The ECM is
"active" until the next time the unit is activated. This is another
reason I thought the unit had to spend an action to turn EW "active".

Allan Goodall - agoodall@canada.com

Prev: Re: [SG2] [FMA] Commo Chits Next: Re: [SG2] [FMA] Commo Chits