Prev: Re: DragonFlight 2000 Next: Re: [FT] DDs and DHs inspired by WW2 types

Re: DragonFlight 2000

From: Kevin Walker <sage@b...>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 11:26:45 -0500
Subject: Re: DragonFlight 2000

on 8/29/00 11:09, stiltman@teleport.com at stiltman@teleport.com wrote:

>>> I always play vector, and the
>>> larger burst radius of cinematic PBLs caught me. (I prefer vector,
it's
>>> more interesting & challenging...)
>
>> The what??? Would've caught me by surprise too! Was this a house-rule
you
>> adopted for cinematic or have I misunderstood here?
>
> The way I understood it, was that he has a house rule whereby plasma
bolts
> only affect a 3 MU radius rather than a 6 MU radius.	When we played
by the
> 6 MU radius something got goofed in his perspective or something.

Ah yes.  The 3 (or 4) MU radius recommendation when playing vector due
ending vector positions for ships being less divergent than if the ship
applied no changes to it's movement.  The reverse situation is a pain to
-
being use to the 6 MU regular radius in Cinematic and playing with the
optional limited radius for vector play.

Kevin Walker
sage@bresnanlink.net

Prev: Re: DragonFlight 2000 Next: Re: [FT] DDs and DHs inspired by WW2 types