Prev: Re: (FT) UIM and DERFACs Next: [OT] Secret torpedo test 'blew sub apart' [was Fw: High speed subs]

[OT] [gzg hist] UN Covert Ops

From: "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@b...>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 11:21:35 -0400
Subject: [OT] [gzg hist] UN Covert Ops

Hi all

For anyone who wants an interesting view of the UN (and of some US views
on
it and China), Art of War (the new Wesley Snipes action flick) certainly
presents an interesting view of a UN that is in part effective due to
its
covert intelligence and operations teams. I myself posit a similar
capability in the UN of 218x (otherwise it couldn't do what it does in
the
game history IMO). This is another interesting look at a potential
justifier-style vision of the UN that helps explain how it might be the
entity that St. Jon^3 has described it as in the GZGverse future
histories.

This movie was not the best I've ever seen, but it wasn't terrible.
<Disclaimer: I like action movies>. And for presenting the UN in an
interesting way, it gets the nod.

Everyone's heard of the UNDIA (a publicly known intelligence branch of
the
UN).... but has anyone heard of the UNSIA? Darn few, and fewer still can
(or
will) talk about it... <grin>

Thomas R. S. Barclay
Voice: (613) 722-3232 ext 349
e-mail: tomb@bitheads.com

Prev: Re: (FT) UIM and DERFACs Next: [OT] Secret torpedo test 'blew sub apart' [was Fw: High speed subs]