Prev: Re: FW: [Stargrunt-Fullthrust] DS 2 quirk Next: Re: Great Modelling Mishaps ( was Stripping? )

Re: FW: [Stargrunt-Fullthrust] DS 2 quirk

From: Glenn m wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 17:26:11 EDT
Subject: Re: FW: [Stargrunt-Fullthrust] DS 2 quirk

On Thu, 24 Aug 2000 13:04:39 -0700 (PDT) stiltman@teleport.com writes:
>Glenn wrote:
>> So does anybody use DS2 with a different background then the
>'canned'
>> one?  I like it but with I have an objective to merge it with my old
>> Starguard campaign world (Cotu) to make the battles more then
>> skirmishes/platoon (-) actions.
>
>I haven't played it yet, but I have every intention of eventually
>using it to
>supplement my FT pseudo-campaigns.  I find myself thinking that I
>might adapt
>it slightly for a BattleTech-like setup, where Infantry Walkers can
>get
>dropped from orbit alongside bulkier Combat Walkers in shuttle
>exoskeletons.

This is beginning to sound like a lead in to the FT Modular ship thread
at gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU but it has merits.  How would you dump the
exoskeleton after landing - explosive bolts idea?  Since Combat Walkers
are larger then "Very Large' vehicles this would practically be a
'disposable' ship situation.

>It might or might not involve a house rule tweak to the p.43 rules on
>orbital
>drops, depending on how much extra metal you've got to have around a
>Combat
>Walker for it to constitute an "Assault Lander".

I think it would be more along the lines of a Dropship.

Unless you went to Mega-size strap-on 'reverse JATO' packs.

>There's quite a few sci-fi setups that I wouldn't mind mixing with it,
>ultimately.  From the AT-ATs in Star Wars to the mecha in
>BattleTech/anime
>to hovertanks... I could have some fun with this.  :)
>--

I am more prone to try and adapt it to the Hostile Contact rules that
brought FGU's original Space Marines into Starguard.

Let's see that would be a DS2 adaptation of a Starguard adaptation of
Space Marines...  Talk about Mutations....

>=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
> The Stilt Man 	       stiltman@teleport.com
>   http://www.teleport.com/~stiltman/stiltman.html
>   < We are Microsoft Borg '98.  Lower your expectations and	 >
>   < surrender your money.  Antitrust law is irrelevant.	 >
>   < Competition is irrelevant.  We will add your financial and >
>   < technological distinctiveness to our own.  Your software	 >
>   < will adapt to service ours.  Resistance is futile.	 >

Actually, resistance is everything.   8^)

Gracias.
Glenn/Triphibious
Triphibious Marines = Nektons.
Not all Frogs are French, or even Human!
Nektons, be all the Marine you can be!

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Prev: Re: FW: [Stargrunt-Fullthrust] DS 2 quirk Next: Re: Great Modelling Mishaps ( was Stripping? )