Prev: Re: [SGII] Partha 25mm Battletroops Next: Re: FW: [Stargrunt-Fullthrust] DS 2 quirk

Re: FW: [Stargrunt-Fullthrust] DS 2 quirk

From: stiltman@t...
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 13:04:39 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: FW: [Stargrunt-Fullthrust] DS 2 quirk

Glenn wrote:
> So does anybody use DS2 with a different background then the 'canned'
> one?	I like it but with I have an objective to merge it with my old
> Starguard campaign world (Cotu) to make the battles more then
> skirmishes/platoon (-) actions.

I haven't played it yet, but I have every intention of eventually using
it to
supplement my FT pseudo-campaigns.  I find myself thinking that I might
adapt
it slightly for a BattleTech-like setup, where Infantry Walkers can get
dropped from orbit alongside bulkier Combat Walkers in shuttle
exoskeletons.
It might or might not involve a house rule tweak to the p.43 rules on
orbital
drops, depending on how much extra metal you've got to have around a
Combat
Walker for it to constitute an "Assault Lander".

There's quite a few sci-fi setups that I wouldn't mind mixing with it,
ultimately.  From the AT-ATs in Star Wars to the mecha in
BattleTech/anime
to hovertanks... I could have some fun with this.  :)
--
 The Stilt Man		      stiltman@teleport.com

Prev: Re: [SGII] Partha 25mm Battletroops Next: Re: FW: [Stargrunt-Fullthrust] DS 2 quirk