Prev: RE: Sa'Vasku Next: Re: Mounted troops

RE: Sa'Vasku

From: Michael Llaneza <imperialdispatches@y...>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 13:35:59 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: Sa'Vasku

--- agoodall@canada.com wrote:
> On Tue, 22 August 2000, "Andrew Apter" wrote:

> Beth has been doing some playtesting and has posted some stuff to the
> playtest list (which isn't ready for general consumption yet).
Preliminary
> tests are showing that shortening the stinger range bands (with a
couple of
> other tweaks) brings the SV back into line with the other races. For
the
> record, the playtest group is favouring 9 MU range bands, not 8.

Well, bully for Beth. I've been favoring range bands in multiples of 3"
myself.
My B5W conversions use 3" increments when upgrading pulse torps to act
as heavy
lasers. And, by sticking with 3" increments, we can fit the standard
beams and
p-torps into the pattern nicely.

Say, woudl 9" range bands be an acceptable way of simulating older-style
weapons ? 9" bands for beams, 3" bands for old-style pulse torps ?

http://mail.yahoo.com/

Prev: RE: Sa'Vasku Next: Re: Mounted troops