Prev: Re: [FT]Modular Ships Next: And now back to our commercial announcement Re: Fighter Minis

Re: [FT\DS2] Fleet and Army sizes for games

From: -MWS- <mshurtleff1@u...>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 12:06:04 -0700
Subject: Re: [FT\DS2] Fleet and Army sizes for games

At 08:18 PM 8/18/2000 +0200, Oerjan Ohlson wrote:
>Brian Burger wrote:
>>Given that that's not going to happen, does anyone else think that
>>fighters are significantly undercosted and/or too powerful for their
>>present cost?
>
>Not if you use the fighter morale rules. If you don't use them, then
>yes.

In our group's experience, the Fighter Morale rules are *critical* in
play
balancing custom-design fleets, especially if you don't allow
'mixed-tech'
designs in your games.

>>Fighters are, in FT, the *only* weapon system where if one player
>>brings them and the other leaves them at home, the figherless player
>is >more than likely to loose...
>
>Never encountered a serious ADFC phalanx, or scatterguns?

<G>  A good ADFC phalanx does go a long way in keeping your ships alive
when your opponent is either fighter or SM happy, doesn't it?  Almost
every
cap ship that I have in the K'rathri fleet includes at least 4 PDS and
an
ADFC as standard equipment.  When playing against a human-tech Fleet
Carrier opponent, it makes for very close and enjoyable games. :-)

Mark W Shurtleff
    aka "Togashi Gaijin" on the Clan War ML
    aka "Hauptman" on the GZG and Heavy Gear ML
email: hauptman@sfcmd.com     homepage: http://www.sfcmd.com

Prev: Re: [FT]Modular Ships Next: And now back to our commercial announcement Re: Fighter Minis