Prev: Re: [OT] Quiet Next: Re: DP9 in space [OT] Quiet

Re: [OT] Quiet

From: Aaron Teske <ateske@H...>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 23:40:36 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] Quiet

At 08:59 AM 8/14/00 +0100, Jon wrote:
>Corey wrote, in response to my question about the DP9 JC ships...
>>It mostly float horizontally, and about 2-2.5"  in height and about 2"
in
>>length
>
>Hmmm. If they are no bigger than this, I wonder why they decided to go
for
>resin rather than metal?
>I'd expected them to be quite a bit larger, where resin would have made
sense.

I suspect that DP9 went with the resin to keep production in-house and
under their control (Fusion models, etc.), since they had a *heck* of a
time lining up outside work for the Heavy Gear metal minis -- a big
reason
for the delays in their release.  To my knowledge, they don't have (but
are
looking to get, I *think*) in-house metal casting ability.

					Aaron Teske
					ateske@HICom.net

Prev: Re: [OT] Quiet Next: Re: DP9 in space [OT] Quiet