Prev: RE: [OT] Quiet Next: Re: [OT] Quiet

Re: [FT\DS2] Fleet and Army sizes for games

From: Brian Bell <bkb@b...>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 21:15:57 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT\DS2] Fleet and Army sizes for games

At 16:29 2000-08-12 +0100, you wrote:
>What sort of sizes of force do listers keep handy to speed up the start
of
>pick-up games?  Looking at the scenario and force examples in DS2, it
looks
>as if about 4000pts for a smaller game and 8000 for a middle-to-largish
game
>are reasonable, or at least those are the sizes I'm working to.
>
>For FT(FB) I prepare lists for 1000-1500 for a small game, doubling or
>trebling for larger actions (unused due to lack of opponents around
here).

>Do listers keep much in the way of scout sections, courier boats etc.
to use
>up those last few points, or do people tend not to bother?
>
>Rob Paul

We usually run 1000-2500 FT games. Usually it is around 1500.

I have a large number of scout/couriers (picked them up as a package
deal),
but rarely use them in a game. I plan to make a scenario one day that
focuses on small ships.

I have never played a pick-up DS game, so do not know how to advise you.
---
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/ft/
ICQ: 12848051
AIM: Rlyehable
---

Prev: RE: [OT] Quiet Next: Re: [OT] Quiet