Prev: Unsubbing Next: Re: Those darned B1's

(FT) Re: B-1s

From: GBailey@a...
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 10:33:55 EDT
Subject: (FT) Re: B-1s

We had a kid come up with a 300 mass, 60 B-1s, MD 6, battlewagon
that dominated the first game.	But then his main opponent was running
154 & 184 mass MD 2 WW2-style battlewagons (8-9 5-arc B-3s with
some B-2s and B-1s).

In another game, the salvage the derelicts scenario of Mr. Apter's,
as the kid's B-1 battlewagon worked over others and tried to capture
some derelicts my p-torp-armed MD6 battlewagon got behind him
(we allow rear firing at any time) but at range 14-16 and peppered him
with p-torps over several turns while not getting hurt at all.

We find that in most turning battles (we play cinematic) that the range
is usually from 15-34 once the forces have come together.  And it seems
to be often in the 30+ range when I'm running p-torp heavy ships.  :(

Glen

Prev: Unsubbing Next: Re: Those darned B1's