Prev: Re: <SG2> Custom stuff Next: Re: UNSC in Full Thrust

Re: [SG] Friends, Romans, GZG Listers....

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 23:06:12 -0400
Subject: Re: [SG] Friends, Romans, GZG Listers....

At 05:44 AM 7/27/00 GMT, you wrote:
>>http://www.geocities.com/johnxcrim/Graphics/Animal.jpg
>>
>>The "Pikobis", shown here with a GZG UN trooper for scale.  What I
would
>>like is some suggestions on how to use this curious beastie.
>
>Pseudopsittacus Maximus (Largest Pseudo-Parrot) or Pikobis
>
>The Pikobis is a warm-blooded pack hunter, similar in many ways to
Velociraptor
>and other Raptor dinosaurs of ancient Earth. One of many similar
creatures
found
>on Rigel IV, generally it feeds only the largest of prey, the
Macropodia
Gigantica,
>which resemble small mountains. Normally bipedal, the method of attack
(if
you
>can call it that) is to leap upon the Macropod's tail, run up the back
with
>the help of its forefeet, then bury its long beak deep in the skin of
the
victim.
>It secretes both analgesics and anti-clotting agents, and feeds upon as
much
>as it can eat beneath the Macropod's 2-metre thick hide. By the time
the pain
>signal has reached the Macropod's nearest neural knot, the Picobis is
long
gone.
>Thus it resembles both a Vampire Bat and a Mosquito, albeit on a
considerably
>larger scale.

[...snipped, but saved!]

Thank you, and thanks to Beth too!  One of my hair-brained ideas that
will
probably never get off the ground is to put up a page full of alien
animals, with stats for several systems and suggestions on how to use
them
in miniatures games.  I advise no one to hold their breath, but I do
think
that it's a really neat idea.

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
  --Spider Robinson, The Callahan Touch.

Prev: Re: <SG2> Custom stuff Next: Re: UNSC in Full Thrust