Prev: Re: [FT][FAQ] Damage Control Parties Next: Re: [FT] Spinal Mounts (all of them)

Re: [FT][FAQ] Damage Control Parties

From: "McCarthy, Tom" <TomMcCarthy@x...>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 13:52:21 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT][FAQ] Damage Control Parties

Just to muddy the waters, I've been writing and noodling away at a
boarding
action system for boarders who are there to do damage to the ship or its
systems, not to capture the ship.

Briefly, they fall in two broad categories; hit and run or boarding
action.
Hit and run attacks roll a D6 and on a 5 or 6 have destroyed or damaged
system like a needle beam hit.	Full blown boarding actions fight
against
the crew with some of their strength, but can divert strength to
attacking
hull or systems (one die against the hull, one die as hit and run
attack, or
battle vs. defenders).	I like Schoon's system for resolving the battles
vs.
defenders components of boarding actions.

Tom

Prev: Re: [FT][FAQ] Damage Control Parties Next: Re: [FT] Spinal Mounts (all of them)