Prev: Re: Beth's latest poll Next: [FT] Cutter Beam Alternatives

RE: Vertical Damage (was: [FT] nasty idea for spinal mounts)

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@p...>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 08:47:36 -0700
Subject: RE: Vertical Damage (was: [FT] nasty idea for spinal mounts)

>[Bri] I don't see this as a problem. ALL OTHER weapons do more to
smaller
>ships (with the possible exception of EMP MT Missile, but even it faces
more
>PDS from large ships, so is less likely to effect large ships than
small
>ones). One weapon that disadvanages large ships out of numerous weapons
that
>disadvanatges small ships does not seem unbalancing.

No. I'm going to have to raise the flag on this one. Existing weapons DO
NOT do more to smaller ships. They have a greater effect sometimes
because
smaller ships reach their thresholds more quickly - an inherent problem
with their smaller hulls. That is why they are small and cheap, compared
larger hulls. There's a reason that SDNs cost 600+ points and frigates
are
only a tenth of that.

Schoon

Prev: Re: Beth's latest poll Next: [FT] Cutter Beam Alternatives