Prev: Re: FB2 - Torpedo & P Torp Next: Re: [CON] ECC IV - Playing for Blood

Re: Vertical Damage

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 07:05:19 -0400
Subject: Re: Vertical Damage

> > a) a cutter beam does 1d6 like a PTorp, but vertically.  If
you
> > get to the end of a column with one shot, you do 1 threshold
at
> > 5+; if you knock out two columns in one shot, you do a 4+
> > threshold, etc.
> >
> > b) Roll as Beam dice but also roll 1d6 for location.  1-3 is
> > first track (ie armor, if the ship has it), 4-5 is 2nd, 6 is
> > reroll; reroll 1-3 is 3rd track, 4-5 is 4th track, 6 is 5th
track
> > (last hull row for an armored ship).
> -----End Original Message-----
>
> a) may be too powerful depending on range and cost. In my
original proposal,
> I considered a straight d6, but thought that it provided too
many thresholds
> early. So I went with 3 Beam dice.
With rerolls, average is 2.4 damage per hit--I'd want something
that is somewhat more likely to do a threshold to an undamaged
ship.

> b) may be too weak depending on how you handle threshold
checks. If you
> still have hull in the 1st row but your Cutter Beam removes all
hull boxes
> in the third row, do you do a threshold check at 6 or 4+?

4+

> take longer to reach a threshold check). If not, is the ship
destroyed if
> you destroy all the hull boxes in the last row even if there
are still hull
> boxes in the rows above?

No but you take thresholds at 3+.  Of course, this isn't very
likely except for small ships.

> Sa'Vasku. I assume that if there is 2 damage tracks left and
the location
> calls for the 3rd damage track it would be applied to the
second.

Yes

Prev: Re: FB2 - Torpedo & P Torp Next: Re: [CON] ECC IV - Playing for Blood