Prev: Re: [FT] Relative damage Next: RE: (FT) Re: Nova Cannons and Wave Guns.

Re: [CON] ECC IV - March 2-4, 2001 - Call for participation

From: "McCarthy, Tom" <TomMcCarthy@x...>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 14:24:50 -0400
Subject: Re: [CON] ECC IV - March 2-4, 2001 - Call for participation

Don't forget AOG's "keep what you kill" events.  Popular, but not as
much
fun as you might think.

It could have been really sharp, but in order to keep it simple (for
beginners) and make a variety of ships available, everyone flew a single
ship and a variety of classes were available.  I was flying a Hyperion
and
promptly got smoked by an Omega when I was told I couldn't use a
sideslip
maneuver to avoid being on his hex row of death.  The nearest FT
equivalent
would be to set up a heavy cruiser facing a superdreadnought and then be
told you weren't allowed to turn to escape his front arc...

Prizes are neat, but bragging rights or very modest "wagers" are more
appropriate.

Prev: Re: [FT] Relative damage Next: RE: (FT) Re: Nova Cannons and Wave Guns.