Prev: RE: Vertical Damage (was: [FT] nasty idea for spinal mounts) Next: Re: Re:OU Frigate Design

Re: [FT] Help: Planets and Gravity

From: tony francis <tony.francis@k...>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 16:37:35 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] Help: Planets and Gravity

Sean Bayan Schoonmaker wrote:

> >Apply the gravitational forces for each planet separately as if they
were
> >simple
> >point masses, and you won't then need to produce a map of different
gravity
> >zones.
>
> True, but you need to make sure to apply each individually to get the
total
> effect of both.

Yes, that's what I meant. You could represent the gravitational effects
of many
bodies in a solar system (moons, other planets etc - plus the obligatory
local
black hole). This could make an interesting one-off game - how about
racing
ships (using vector movement) around a system of planetary bodies, each
with
their own gravity field ?

Tony

Prev: RE: Vertical Damage (was: [FT] nasty idea for spinal mounts) Next: Re: Re:OU Frigate Design