Prev: RE: Vertical Damage (was: [FT] nasty idea for spinal mounts) Next: Re: Vertical Damage (was: [FT] nasty idea for spinal mounts)

RE: [FT] Relative damage

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 07:44:28 -0400
Subject: RE: [FT] Relative damage

a) Movement: Vector
b) Game Length: 4-10 Turns (2-3 of combat)
c) Ship damage at end: Very.
d) Floating/Fixed Tables: Floating Tables (this is a fairly recient
change
for our group).

We tend to move a a a fair rate of speed (not Oerjan speeds, but...). We
tend to have waves, charges, side-swipes rather than close and sit in
range.
We don't have a hard disengage rule, but usually do so when damage is
done
to the 4th row or crits have reduced the ship to combat-ineffective.
We also tend to keep fleet formation, so if one ship is in range,
usually 4+
ships are in range. We also tend to pick on one or two ships at a time.
Both
of these increase the leathality of the exchange. (And decrease the time
it
takes to complete a game turn).

-----
Brian Bell