Prev: RE: [CON] ECC IV - March 2-4, 2001 - Call for participation Next: Okay, now you've done it.

[FT] A FB/FT3 question

From: "McCarthy, Tom" <TomMcCarthy@x...>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 15:32:17 -0400
Subject: [FT] A FB/FT3 question

Someone recently suggested that the Nova cannon and Wave guns weren't so
impressive now that plasma bolt launchers were on the scene.  I've
hardly
any experience with them, so I looked them up.	They're due for some
rules
clarification, if nothing else.

How do they interact with armour ?
a)	Like K-guns
b)	Like plasma bolts
c)	Like pulse torpedoes
d)	Ignore armour boxes (snail killers)

I'm also inclined to say that wave guns should have faster recharge
rates
(say every other turn) and don't damage the owner when lost to
thresholds.
Perhaps with screens being a less dominant feature of the game, the wave
gun
could be affected by screens (like plasma bolts are, for example), and
could
be expanded to have the F arc (which is significantly smaller than it
once
was).

The Nova Cannon is another weapon which might benefit from having
slightly
fewer restrictions, though I can't think of many.  Perhaps a single arc
of
fire, perhaps allowing acceleration, deceleration (no turns), PDS
(strictly
as point defence) and ADFC, but no fighter launches or recoveries, on
the
turn it is fired.  Also, I'd consider allowing the firer to keep his
screens
up, since we want screens and armour to be relatively balanced ship
defences, but armour is unaffected by firing a nova cannon and screens
are
not...

Prev: RE: [CON] ECC IV - March 2-4, 2001 - Call for participation Next: Okay, now you've done it.