Prev: Artillery strikes Next: Re: NSL vs. KV strategy + tactics

Re: Gravitational effects on orbits

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@p...>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 07:10:40 -0700
Subject: Re: Gravitational effects on orbits

>Traveler took the critical point to be the midpoint of the move
>instead of the endpoint, and I suspect that may work better.

Though I know it's not as scientifically correct, I've always added
gravity
"adjustments" to the end of the move based on the ship's position at the
beginning. In other words, if it starts in the gravity well, it has its
end
point adjusted. Seems to work well, and you can get a stable orbit that
way.

Schoon

Prev: Artillery strikes Next: Re: NSL vs. KV strategy + tactics