Prev: FT Visio Symbols? Next: Re: Gravitational effects on orbits

Artillery strikes

From: Kevin Balentine <kevinbalentine@y...>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 05:52:34 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Artillery strikes

This question came up while we were playing a WW II
scenario using Stargrunt.

When calling in off-table artillery, it says the FO or
whoever is calling in the strike must have LOS to the
impact point.

How do you guys feel about calling in an arty strike
on a location where the player "knows" where the enemy
is, such as inside a forest, but where the figure
calling in the strike shouldn't have that good a guess
about it?

For instance, in our game, the Americans know the
Germans have a platoon command squad on the edge of a
heavy forest. The Germans then back up from the edge
and move through the forest to a position near another
edge, but still inside the forest.

The American player called in an arty strike on the
spot at the edge of the forest closest to the German
squad, knowing that it would get some of the squad
members if it hit.

http://invites.yahoo.com/

Prev: FT Visio Symbols? Next: Re: Gravitational effects on orbits