Prev: Re: [ft] Orbits in Vector Next: LIRA/LLAR web page

Re: [ft] Orbits in Vector

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 23:44:36 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [ft] Orbits in Vector

On Sat, 29 Jul 2000, Sean Bayan Schoonmaker wrote:

> >Does anyone have a system for doing on-table planets and orbits with
> >vector movement?
>
> Here's what I use:
>
> I place the planet on the table. Under that I have 2 cloth circles.
One is
> 12" dia. and the other is 24" dia.
>
> Any ship ending its movement on the outer circle gets 1" added to the
> vector in the direction of the ship-to-planet. The inner circle does
the
> same thing, but for 2"
>
> If you want to simulate a stronger field, just change to numbers to
your
> taste.

This is kind of what I was doing, only with much shorter distances - 6"
or
so. Expanding it should make it work better...

How big is your planet? Mine are quite small - the biggest foam sphere
the
local shop sells is 6" across. Cutting it in half gave me a nice
terrestrial planet and a very nice Mars-class planet, though. (pictures
soon, with luck.)

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -
- http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -

Prev: Re: [ft] Orbits in Vector Next: LIRA/LLAR web page