Prev: RE: Queries on images Re: LLAR Website Next: [PEDIA] State of the GZGPedia

RE: Queries on images Re: LLAR Website

From: devans@u...
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 13:53:40 -0500
Subject: RE: Queries on images Re: LLAR Website

***
The Draconia
Well, digging up the Sci-Fi & Fantasy Modelling article on the
restoration of the orginal studio miniature - it's big - about 5.5km
long, and has 43 fighter launch tubes (and thus _at least_ 43 fighters
- it may well carry more, IIRC there were staging areas behind the
launch tubes).
***

Maybe, but a) it was palace-for-a-princess as well as a flagship, so
wasted
space is expected( ;->= ), b)the show made it seem lucky to be launching
the 8-at-a-time, much less than 48-at-a-time on the SSD.

If each tube ends in a bay for a single fighter, we actually have 5 too
many on the SSD. You're right about the ready bay filled with fighters,
though.

***
>From what I remember of the series, there is no evidence of it having
any other weapons other than fighters (Glen A. Larson liked big carriers
:-)
***

*shrug* Even the fighters were supposed to be a 'secret'. Diplomatic
vessel
and all. PSB is heavy in the YMMV zone.

For instance, I could have sworn that Fireball Jr. had SOME 'guns'.

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler

Prev: RE: Queries on images Re: LLAR Website Next: [PEDIA] State of the GZGPedia