Prev: [GZG-ECC] EARLY Game Announcement Next: Re: [FT] Scenario/One-Offs victory points

Re: [FT] Scenario/One-Offs victory points

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 12:16:01 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Scenario/One-Offs victory points

> Hull Boxes.
> This can vary on how a ship is constructed. It does not truely
represent
the
> value of the ship. (a CE and BC can have the same number of damage
points).
> Also SV use up hull boxes for drones and pods. Do you count these? If
so,
> the SV works toward loosing every time it uses one. If not, there is
no
way
> to gain victory points from the used boxes, so the value of the SV is
lower
> than should be.

I'd prefer the first row of hull to be 10% of  NPV, 2nd row 20%, 3rd row
30%, 4th row 40%.  Thus you get more benefit from killing one ship than
you
would from scratching four--which is, IMO, the way it should be.

This doesn't account for expendable munitions like SM and fighters, of
course.  I'd say you should treat biomass boxes the same way you'd treat
SM
expenditure--whatever that may be--but if the SV ship is killed, all the
hull boxes are considered to have been lost by fire.

Let's see how this works.  The SV have a BC class which is Mass 100, NPV
326, hull boxes 7/6/6/6.
First row is 33 pts, second 65, third 98, fourth 130.  Thus each box of
the
third row is worth 98/6= 16 points if destroyed by fire, perhaps 3
points if
consumed as biomass and the ship survives.

Prev: [GZG-ECC] EARLY Game Announcement Next: Re: [FT] Scenario/One-Offs victory points