Prev: Re: Graveyard (Moya/Talyn. Others) Next: Re: [EBAY] Silent Death ships for sale

RE: FB2 Fleets (or "How I Learned to Hate the Savasku")

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 10:48:54 -0400
Subject: RE: FB2 Fleets (or "How I Learned to Hate the Savasku")

That may do it, but I would suggest a mixed fleet would work best
against
the SV by forcing them to put power into more categories.

I would suggest a mixed fleet with Beams, P-Torps, Missiles, and
Fighters.
The Beams would encourage points spent on screens, P-Torps would negate
some
of the screen effect. Missiles and Fighters would necessitate power used
in
the spicules (and mass for interceptor pods) [especially if power for
specules is moved to the defense pool].

And since I use genre weapons, I would suggest adding one Wave Gun. (But
that's just me).

I do like adding "strike the colors" rules to scenarios. I would think
the
SV constructs take a long time to grow, so unless they have a huge
number
just setting around soaking up the sun, they would be too valuable to
loose
unnecessarily.

-----
Brian Bell