Prev: Re: [FT] Enhanced weapons Next: Re: Graveyard (Moya/Talyn. Others)

Graveyard (Moya/Talyn. Others)

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 08:49:49 -0400
Subject: Graveyard (Moya/Talyn. Others)

At 11:03 PM -0400 7/24/00, Andrew Apter wrote:
>The starships grave yard has been updated to include Moya and Tayln
>
>http://pages.prodigy.net/apter/StarShipGraveYard.htm
>
>I finally got a FB2....

A few problems:

1) Moya is weaponless.
2) She's got a few transport pods and two "fighter" craft in her bays.
Erin's Prowler might count as an armed scout, and Chrichton's Farscape 1
as
an unarmed scout or fightert.
3) Moya's defense screen only works some of the time (for dramatic
purposes), but is 100% effective when it does.
4) Talyn looks better, but grows from episode to episode. Looks like the
version yoou've shown is the 'yougest' Talyn. He recently took on (and
defeated) a somewhatmore powerful ship, from what I could see.

Some comments onother ships (My opinions as a sci fi viewer only) (Now I
get
to demonstrate exactly how much of  a TV SF geek I am):

I'm not sure what kind of Eagle that is, but it wasn't the series
mainstay,
which was much more poorly armed. (I'd say one forward class 2 (or
2xclass 1
forward only) and one PDS ).

No rear firing torps on 1701-D?

Galactica has MT Missiles, alot more armor, and probably more PDS and
less
class 1's. Probably not quite _that_ many fighters.

Slave 2 (Boba Fetts Ship?) seems way to big and over-armed for a solo
bounty
hunder corvette.

Last starfighter is a 2 person fighter. I don't think it tracks well in
FT.
The death blossom we saw in the movie was only against fighters anyway.
It
could be considered as a Super Long Range heavy fighter (Maybe mass 6,
with
36 CEF, rechargeable at 1 CEF per turn of rest) ) that can spend all or
most
of its endurance in  a single attack. It'd still cost a minimum of oh,
100
NPV, though.

I don;t know if I like Nova cannons as the proxy for Romulan Plasma
weapons.

I agree with Michael Llaneza. Yamato is too big. Plus - Main weapon is a
Wave Gun (That's where the genre weapon caome fro totalm , I'd think),
and
it's missing fighter bays (Regular and interceptor), I'd think at least
4
bays.

Trade Federation carrier has a bunch of PDS

Cylon Base Star has some heavy beam weapons for head to head fights with
Battlestars. (Plus not quite so many fighters) Fighters should be
turkeys,
not attack, since the Cylons die at a rate of at least 6:1 vs humans.
Base
stars also have slow maneuver drives and possibly FTL.

Defiant is also hard to do in FT. It's _much_ smaller than an SDN, yet
packs
a DN punch. I don't think the answer is giving it 250 mass. Give it
"2xquantum torpedoes" that mass 4 each, but cost 50, fire F arc only,
and do
damage of 3 or 4xPtorps each. Give it MD6A for maneuverability. Double
screen and Phalon type armor layers.

Noam

Prev: Re: [FT] Enhanced weapons Next: Re: Graveyard (Moya/Talyn. Others)