Prev: [OT -ish] Sound In Space Next: Re: Actual Warp Drive Theory (was Re: Light may break its own speedlimit)

Re: Actual Warp Drive Theory (was Re: Light may break its own speedlimit)

From: Jerry Han <jhan@c...>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 11:16:54 -0400
Subject: Re: Actual Warp Drive Theory (was Re: Light may break its own speedlimit)

agoodall@canada.com wrote:

> On Thu, 20 July 2000, Tony Christney wrote:
>
> > They seem to know what was happening.
>
> In the January 2000 (not March 2000 issue, as I erroneously reported
earlier) there is an interesting article on negative energy and warping
space. They suggest that with enough negative energy you COULD produce a
space warp field sort of like Star Trek. However, they also suggest that
you would need some sort of outside help to create the warp bubble (sort
of like B5 jump gates) and you wouldn't be able to turn, just move
straight ahead. This has me thinking about a few things for one of my
own homegrown universes.

Now the problem is, what the heck is 'negative energy'?   (8-)

JGH

--
  Jerry Han - jhan@canoe.ca - http://www.warpfish.com/jhan - TBFTGOGGI
"The competent programmer is fully aware of the strictly limited size of

Prev: [OT -ish] Sound In Space Next: Re: Actual Warp Drive Theory (was Re: Light may break its own speedlimit)