Prev: Yamato kits Next: Re: FB2 Fleets (or "How I Learned to Hate the Savasku")

RE: Yamato kits

From: Neal Kaplan <nkaplan@v...>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 10:37:31 -0700
Subject: RE: Yamato kits

How odd. I just picked up a bunch of the kits in this line last weekend
at an otherwise unremarkable model expo here in California. The guy was
selling them for $3 each, he had a large box full of 'em, and he wasn't
hesitant about parting with them (he threw a few extra into my bag).
I didn't ask him how plentiful his supply was. Maybe the box load was
it.

I agree that the models are very nice. For Full Thrust, I think the
various Earth destroyers and cruisers look best, but that's partly
because I'd feel silly fielding a whole fleet of Yamatos. The kits
contain a surprising amount of parts for models that range from about
4" - 5" long. At the very least, they're great sources of parts
(turrets,
antennae, etc.) to use with other minis.

-Neal