Prev: Re: FB2 Fleets (or "How I Learned to Hate the Savasku") Next: RE: Yamato kits

Yamato kits

From: "Robin Paul" <Robin.Paul@t...>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 18:10:28 +0100
Subject: Yamato kits

I'm now the proud owner of a Full Thrust-able Space Battleship Yamato.
got three small-scale kits yesterday in my local model shop (Wonderland
Models in Edinburgh), one of the Yamato herself, one of the Cosmo Tiger
fighter and one of what appears to be a lander or shuttle suitable for
DS2.
Each cost £2.99 and is "box scale".  The only English on the boxes is
the
legend "Space Cruiser Yamato" and "Bandai 1979 Made in Japan".	From the
figures in the data panels in the boxes, thescales appear to be,
Shuttle:
1/309, Cosmo Tiger 1/156 and Yamato 1/2100.

The Yamato is 127mm long, and the kit comprises 39 parts plus a stand.
It
is NOT one of those "super deformed" types, but a "proper" scale model.
Detail is good, and the fit of parts is excellent and positive.
Overall,
I'm delighted.	The box art shows that they're part of a series of 30
(30!)
Yamato-cartoon models (including the Andromeda, Dessler's Flagship,
Earth
Battleship etc.); the shop's buyer was off that day, so I don't know if
the
rest are available.  I strongly recommend watching out for these.

Rob Paul

Prev: Re: FB2 Fleets (or "How I Learned to Hate the Savasku") Next: RE: Yamato kits