Prev: RE: Salvo Missile Variants Next: Re: FT at Origins, or lack of

Re: FT at Origins, or lack of

From: agoodall@c...
Date: 17 Jul 2000 08:43:02 -0700
Subject: Re: FT at Origins, or lack of

On Sun, 16 July 2000, GBailey@aol.com wrote:

> So what happened to whoever was going to run
> Full Thrust games at Origins.  I was there, never
> saw a single game.  I was really disappointed.  *sniff*

The pre-reg book had two FT events. However, the Great War scenario for
Battlestar Galactica is actually a GenCon event that was put in the
Origins book by mistake. The only FT event would have been on Sunday at
noon.

> I played Advanced Civilization twice.  Came in last place
> twice.  *sigh*
> Those games were also way too peaceful.

That is actually a valid way to play AdvCiv. Some folks play a very
cutthroat game and others play a more friendly game. It depends on your
playing style. It can be disconcerting, on the other hand there are
times when I really don't want to play a nasty game. However, our group
always had calamity effects hitting the leader the worst, just so that
you didn't get into the problem of the early leader always winning the
game.

Did you get to try the Dirtside game that was listed? I noticed there
were no Stargrunt games at Origins, either...

Allan Goodall - agoodall@canada.com

Prev: RE: Salvo Missile Variants Next: Re: FT at Origins, or lack of