Prev: Re: [FT] Fighter Screen Next: [OT-ish] Jon of Needham must be doing something right

Re: [FT] Fighter Screen

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 17:25:02 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Fighter Screen

> > Not as obvious:
> > Can a fighter use its normal movement to join a fighter screen
before
the
> > ship moves?
>
> I'd say so.  If you declare that a set of fighters is screening, this
is
done
> as part of fighter orders; if they're not in immediate proximity of a
ship
> they need to get there to do so.
>
> > Can a screening fighter use secondary movement to leave the screen
and
> > attack a fighter group or ship?
>
> The answers to these two questions go together:  the rules on fighter
screens
> pretty specifically state that, as long as they're not firing on
anything
> attacking their own ship, fighters in a screen are free to attack
anything
> else within their range.

So my fighters can move 24" to a ship and join its screen, then move
whatever my ship is moving as part of the screen, then use secondary
movement to move and attack.  Pretty nifty.   I'll start with a Corvette
moving speed 40 or so...they'll never know what hit'em.

Prev: Re: [FT] Fighter Screen Next: [OT-ish] Jon of Needham must be doing something right