Prev: Re: Dirtside vs. Stargrunt? Next: Re: Dirtside vs. Stargrunt?

Re: Dirtside vs. Stargrunt?

From: "Jeremy Sadler" <webmaster@s...>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2000 01:43:16 +1000
Subject: Re: Dirtside vs. Stargrunt?

>Generally, I think I'd want to play out ground actions with at least a
fair
>amount of scale.  As far as I can tell, Dirtside works better for this
than
>Stargrunt -- i.e. Dirtside seems to be more of unit-based actions
whereas
>Stargrunt seems like it's man-by-man.	This seems further borne out (a
little)
>by the descriptions on the back of the books, where Dirtside says it
works
>for "a few platoons up to a batallion" whereas Stargrunt works for "a
few
>squads up to a company".  In addition, Dirtside has support for actions
of

Stargrunt IS unit based, but as you say, by squad. It doesn't go down to
individual man scale in a big way (beyond casualties and an individual's
contribution to the firepower of the squad).

>So, if I'm aiming at linking the game in with Full Thrust troop-landing
actions
>and want to put at least a bit of large scale into it, the way I
understand
it
>is that Dirtside is closer to what I'm aiming at than Stargrunt, no?

Yes, that would be correct. :)

Jeremy Sadler
---
Jeremy Sadler webmaster@stargrunt.com
stargrunt.com - unofficial stargrunt ii website

Prev: Re: Dirtside vs. Stargrunt? Next: Re: Dirtside vs. Stargrunt?