Prev: Re: OT\DS2- Is this the world's most hideous AFV camouflage(Indian BMP-2) Next: Re: Movie Review: Titan A.E.

Re: OT\DS2- Is this the world's most hideous AFV camouflage (Indian BMP-2)

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: 07 Jul 2000 07:08 GMT
Subject: Re: OT\DS2- Is this the world's most hideous AFV camouflage (Indian BMP-2)

Jerry Han wrote
> ROTFL!
>
> It certainly breaks up the pattern of the BMP, if nothing else.
Ugh.

> Speaking of odd camouflage patterns -- I remember reading that in
> the 1980's, a USAF Aggressor squadron attempted to paint one of
their
> F-5s in a sand colour, but messed up their paint mixes and it ended
up
> looking like a banana.  Can anybody verify this, or is this another
> one of those military urban legends?
>
> JGH

Don't know about that particular case, but in recent years it has
become quite a fashion for air force squadrons to paint some of their
planes
in imaginative schemes for special occasions (holidays, jubilees, first
or last flights of a type etc.) NATO's 'Tiger Meets' have become
something of an artist's contest.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: OT\DS2- Is this the world's most hideous AFV camouflage(Indian BMP-2) Next: Re: Movie Review: Titan A.E.