Prev: Re: OT: Re: Titan A.E. Next: Re: OT\DS2- Is this the world's most hideous AFV camouflage (Indian BMP-2)

Re: OT\DS2- Is this the world's most hideous AFV camouflage(Indian BMP-2)

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: 07 Jul 2000 07:02 GMT
Subject: Re: OT\DS2- Is this the world's most hideous AFV camouflage(Indian BMP-2)

> Greg Wong wrote:
> >
> > >In a message dated 7/5/00 9:18:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> > >Robin.Paul@tesco.net writes:
> > >
> > ><< Is this the world's most hideous AFV camouflage - an Indian
Army BMP-2 on
> > > Republic Day.
> > > Very, very horrible.
> > > http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/LAND-FORCES/Army/Images/0293.jpg
> > >
> > > Rob Paul >>
> >
> > I bet that BMP is tough to pick out in a Mardi Gras parade. :)
> > --Greg
>
> Or an '80s mightclub! What I like is how proud the commander looks.
> Serious rooster action there!
> My best guess is that it is camo for the local landfill. Or maybe it
> matches the curtains in the barracks.
> LOL,
> Tony.

The best 'rational' explanation, as has has already been suggested, is
probably that the tank was specially painted for the parade, perhaps in
regimental colours.

Or that BMP is a bio-construct and it is mating season :-)

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: OT: Re: Titan A.E. Next: Re: OT\DS2- Is this the world's most hideous AFV camouflage (Indian BMP-2)