Prev: RE: OT\DS2- Is this the world's most hideous AFV camouflage (Ind ian BMP-2) Next: Re: A Strange senerio

Re: A Strange senerio

From: stiltman@t...
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 09:02:33 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: A Strange senerio

> When a ship is scanned or is at boarding range use below table to
determine
> ship:

Hmmmm... trying to picture how these different ships would be done in FT
terms.	Let's see if I can get a crack at it. :)

(I'll just quietly snip the ones I'm not familiar with. :)

> Spades
>  A. Millennium Falcon

Destroyer-sized vessel, a pulse torpedo and PDS (maybe 2 PDS), weak hull
but
with armor, cargo space traded for drive space.  Probably something half
akin
to the "Free Trader" in FB1.

>  8. 1701B

Thrust 4, Average Hull, Screen-1, pulse torps and beams.

>  2. Quark

Shuttle. :)

> 9. 1701C

Less thrust than 1701C, more weapons.

> 10. 1701D

Thrust 4, Weak hull, Screen-2, pulse torps and beams.

> J. Galactica

Thrust 1, Strong hull, heavily armored, a few more fighters than beam
weapons.

> 6. 1701

Thrust 2, Average hull, Screen-1, more beams and fewer pulse torps.

> 7. 1701A

Same as 1701, though maybe more pulse torps-to-beams ratio.

> Hearts
> 8. D7

Similar to 1701, but with hull armor and fewer weapons.

> 9. White Star

Light cruiser sized vessel, thrust-3A or so, assign weapons as you like
(not
AS familiar with B5...).

> Q. Last Starfighter

Light cruiser sized vessel, thrust-6A, small beam armament and tons of
SMRs
("Death Blossom").

> K. Imperial Star Distroyer

Thrust 2, average hull with armor, good fighter complement.

> 7. Honor Harington type Ship of the wall

Thrust 2, weak hull, screen-1 or screen-2, SMLs as main armament, Class
1
beams as secondary armament, strong PDS with ADFC.

> Clubs
> 8. Trade Federation Carrier

Much larger version of the STD, with weaker hull and higher proportion
of
fighters to ship-to-ship armaments.

> 2. Cloaked Blockade Runner

Depends on which kind of blockade runner... if you're thinking of the
Meteor
class from the old whatever-it-was-called cross-genre game, I'd say
strong
and advanced drives, needle beams and pulse torps.

If you're thinking of something else, I wouldn't know. :)

> 3. Romulan War Bird

Large ship, average hull, screen 2, cloaking device, low thrust, armed
to the
gills with pulse torps and beams.

> 4. BattleStar Atlantia

Same as Galactica.

> J. Cylon Base Star

Thrust 1, Average hull, decent ship-to-ship armament but loaded to the
gills
with fighters.	Most of the fighters would be attack fighters.

> 5. Cardasian

Same general mold as other Star Trek stuff.

> 6. Dominion

Probably similar to Kra'Vak.

> 7. Ferengi

Similar to other ST stuff, only with lots of cargo space and fewer
weapons.

> Diamonds
> 2. Space Battleship Yamato

Thrust 1 or 2, Strong hull, heavy armor, wave gun or nova cannon, main
armament
of LOTS of beams but with a few SMLs and fighter bays.	Big ship.

> 9. Defiant

Heavy cruiser size, cloaking device, over-optimized in favor of pulse
torps
rather than beams or PDS.

> 4. Mon Calamari Cruiser

Similar to Star Destroyer but smaller.

> 6. Borg Cube

Mass 700ish Sa'Vasku monster with no wombs but with the ability to
regenerate
all their lost biomass between battles.
--
 The Stilt Man		      stiltman@teleport.com

Prev: RE: OT\DS2- Is this the world's most hideous AFV camouflage (Ind ian BMP-2) Next: Re: A Strange senerio