Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku FTL Next: Movie Review: Titan A.E.

Re: OT\DS2- Is this the world's most hideous AFV camouflage (Indian BMP-2)

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 20:26:44 -0700
Subject: Re: OT\DS2- Is this the world's most hideous AFV camouflage (Indian BMP-2)

At 10:31 PM -0400 7/5/00, Fabet@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 7/5/00 9:18:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>Robin.Paul@tesco.net writes:
>
><< Is this the world's most hideous AFV camouflage - an Indian Army
BMP-2 on
>  Republic Day.
>  Very, very horrible.
>  http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/LAND-FORCES/Army/Images/0293.jpg
>
>  Rob Paul >>
>
>It's close, but I'd have to rate it number 2. In the early/mid 70's the
U.S.
>Army started experimenting with IR defeating paint. Go to your nearest
game
>shop and buy a bottle of the florescent yellow and florescent green,
paint in
>a woodland pattern and you've got a pretty good approximation. I'm not
>jokeing. I saw this in the field at Fort Riley, Kansas. I only wish I
had a
>photo to back me up.
>
>Faron

I'm not painting *either*. The one for sheer effort and the other for
simple taste. Although the Indian design looks disturbingly similar
to some ork patterns I recall from my GW days.
--

Michael Carter Llaneza
Devolution is very real to me.

Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku FTL Next: Movie Review: Titan A.E.