Prev: Re: OT\DS2- Is this the world's most hideous AFV camouflage (Indian BMP-2) Next: Re: OT\DS2- Is this the world's most hideous AFV camouflage (Indian BMP-2)

Re: Sa'Vasku FTL

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@y...>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 19:35:13 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Sa'Vasku FTL

--- Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@telia.com> wrote:
> You "rationalize" my question, but you don't seem to
> actually *answer*
> it. If an SV ship can carry any Mass into FTL,
> regardless of the
> physical size of its drive, by pouring more power
> into it, why don't
> they all just have a Mass-1 drive and replace the
> rest of the FTL drive
> with bigger PGs?
>
> Regards,
>
> Oerjan Ohlson

     OK, I got carried away with the rationalization
of the game mechanics.

Lets try;

PSB mode on:

Each 'S' ship is a certain size (L x W x H) and
density (normally a constant).	 To be able to make
a 'jump' the ship must punch a hole into 'hyperspace'
compariable with the size of the ship at the
normally constant density.   A drome womb is a
'hole' in a ship that has one, and the overall
ship density is still equal to the 'normally
constant' 'S' value.   If additional mass is
added to the drone womb the mass of the ship
rises above the 'normally constant' 'S' value
and the ship must provide additional power to
punch thru to hyperspace.

PSB mode off.

Is that sufficient?

Comments?