Prev: Re: Simple Questions Next: RE: Simple Questions

Re: [OT] Re: Zero G in TV; Re: S:AAB USS Saratoga specs

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.Donald@A...>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 10:07:14 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] Re: Zero G in TV; Re: S:AAB USS Saratoga specs

devans@uneb.edu wrote:

> I remember one episode where the rotational thruster controls were
> bollocksed(sp?), and the virtual gravity was threatening to crush the
crew
> on the ring. I can still remember the star, sitting in a chair by a
> console, his face and upper body pressed down on a flat part of the
> console, while he's struggling to inch his finger to a kill switch.

Would this show still be interesting by today's standards? or would it
be
campy, ect...?

> There's a mention of moon landings in a review on IMDB, though I don't
> remember any.
>
> Is the main star mentioned? William Lundigan was his name, though I'm
> always calling him Victor Laughlin or McLaughlin. Another thing I
never
> keep straight, in spite of my admiration for Victor McLaughin's work
as
> well.

William Lundigan played Col. Edward MacCauley.	He is listed as the only
"regular" cast member.)
Four others are listed as "semi regulars".

> The ships were the Verner Von Braun/Willy Ley school of big, sleek
ships as
> I recall.

Basic 50's style rocket ships?	Cool!

> Every once in a while, I see an old lunch box in an antique shop. I
think I
> have an old game based on the show. There's an image on:
> http://zappa.brainiac.com/spaceship/men-into-space.html\
>
> Episode and air dates guide, as well as links to the IMDB at:
> http://epguides.com/MenintoSpace/
>
> Also, there are rumors of occasional sightings on Sci-Fi Channel.
>
> Has this exanimate equine been pummeled sufficiently? ;->=
>
> The_Beast
>
> -Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

Probably.   8-D

Donald Hosford

Prev: Re: Simple Questions Next: RE: Simple Questions