Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku Needle Pods... Next: Re: interesting (Glen's designs)

Re: Hanger Bay question

From: Brian Bell <bkb@b...>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2000 12:39:31 -0400
Subject: Re: Hanger Bay question

At 09:27 2000-07-04 +0100, you wrote:

>You couldn't carry other small craft in fighter bays, because all the
>support stuff gets in the way;  you can CARRY fighters around in a
small
>craft hangar, but you wouldn't be able to support them in combat
operations
>(launch and recovery would be much slowed, as would rearming etc.).
>
>Does that sound reasonable?
>
>Jon (GZG)

This was what I was going to suggest as well.
Small craft bays may launch 1 craft per turn (they are not designed for
quick launch or recovery).
Fighter Bays are designed for quick launch, quick recovery and quick
servicing. They may launch 6 fighters per turn.

Thus, while you could house fighters in a small craft bay, it would take
6
turns to launch an entire squadron.
---
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/ft/
ICQ: 12848051
AIM: Rlyehable
---

Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku Needle Pods... Next: Re: interesting (Glen's designs)